Whatever age your child is, you will find a welcome at our Beaconsfield Churches. Across our three churches - St Mary's, St Michael's and St Thomas' - we try to offer a range of options for children and young people of all ages. So, whether your first steps into church are to ask about booking a christening for a baby, or you have adolescents looking for friends to hang out with, come and find out what we have to offer!
All ages are welcome to our Sunday services each week, but you may find the following more suitable for younger children:
- the 2gether services at St Michael's at 10 am on the second and fourth Sundays of the month
- a short Early Bird Service for young children at St. Michael’s at 9.15am on the first Sunday of each month
- the Family Service at St Mary's at 10am on the first Sunday of the month
- Stories for Children at St Thomas' at 4pm on the first Sunday of each month
- Junior Church at St Mary's at 10am on the second, third, fourth and fifth Sunday of the month
During the week there are many other activities for children, with weekly term-time toddler groups running at St Thomas' and St Mary's.
As the children get older, as well as having their own activities, we encourage them to take part in the life of the church. On Sundays, they might like to ring the bell(s), be a welcomer at the door, set up the altar for communion, act as a server, sing in the choir, give a reading from the Bible, help to lead the prayers or help with technology and sound. There will be other things too - just come and ask!
Every summer, all the churches in town come together for Lighthouse at The Beaconsfield School. Over 400 children of primary age attend each day for a week of the holidays for fun, craft, songs and games. There are also over 100 teenagers who help each day and many adults too.
To find out how you can join in with all that is going on, get in touch!